Friday, July 31, 2015

MAKING A SILK SCARF

Several of us creative types stepped out of our comfort zones yesterday to design silk scarves. What fun! It was a very warmish day outside. So much so that my sweat dripped onto my design a couple times. But that just added to the "uniqueness", right? The others mostly used the marbleizing technique (see an example in the second photo) which was so fascinating. I decided to go big and bold and try my hand at a large floral. For not knowing what we were doing each scarf was a work of art. We had help from an assistant. They place the silk on our floating art and pull it back off and voila! Lots of ohhhs and ahhhs in unison. Can you tell I was pleased? I sure would do this again!






1 comment:

  1. WOW! It is really a great post, very creative. I enjoyed to be here. Thank you for sharing this post. suzani embroidery

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails