Tuesday, April 9, 2013

MY FRIEND GWEN




Say hello to my friend Gwendolyn.  She's one of my Nashville buddies (sang in our wedding a hundred years ago).  Lately, she's has been hanging out on my easel for longer than anyone should hang.  But more oral surgery put me out of commission for a few days, then a boatload of yard work and changing my mind about the background has delayed progress.  Alas, I am back on track and wanted to show you the various phases I've put Gwen through to get her this far.  I still have a couple tweaks and then she's good to go.  Here's the progress so far:




The underlayment actually made me happy and in many cases would be considered done.  But it's difficult for any painting to get out from under my brush that easy.  



The original photo (above left) was taken on the beach and against my better judgement I tried to add the beach background and hated how distracting it was.  Let it sit thinking it might grow on me, but it didn't and I quit trying.  In the end my Mr. MacGyver was able to cut the rectangle canvas to a square and now I'm off to add the finishing touches and signature.  Thank you Gwen for such a joyful smile and golden glow.   

1 comment:

  1. Wow Paula...you are GOOD!!! My granddaugther's name is Gwyn...Gwyneth...so I feel special toward Gwen's~! She is so pretty and has a beautiful smile! Excellent painting~ ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails